Navarino Bay, cradling the Gialova lagoon, the pristine Voidokilia beach, the Kalamaris waterfall and the tranquil harbor with the isle of Sphacteria, presents an idyllic blend of nature’s splendor. It holds significance as one of the southernmost wetlands in all of Europe, not just Greece. Housing a plethora of of bird species, the habitat of Gialova Lagoon is a birdwatcher’s paradise. Located near Pylos and the fabled Nestor Palace, Navarino Bay boasts the famous omega-shaped Voidokilia beach. Its unchanging beauty and rich ecosystem draw nature enthusiasts from around the world. Enjoy a leisurely journey through this wetland ecosystem and its lesser-known treasures with our guided e-bike tour. Thanks to the e-bike, you can immerse yourself in the captivating beauty of this Greek utopia with minimal effort.
Meet your guides at the Divari beach near the town of Gialova. Start with a quick introduction to the use of electric mountain bikes and a safety briefing.You’ll then set off on a smooth gravel path, passing through sprawling ancient olive groves as you make your way to the shoreline, finally reaching the Gialova Lagoon, a habitat for 270 species of birds. Your first stop will be at a high point with sweeping views of the entire lagoon, where you’ll listen to your guide recount the rich history. If lucky, you might spot flocks of flamingos reveling in the lagoon’s shallow waters through your binoculars. You’ll continue your journey, cycling down a slim gravel path towards the renowned Voidokilia Beach, a true testament to nature’s beauty. Your next stop will be at Kalamaris waterfall, located within a verdant hill surrounded by a forest abundant with oak, plane, and pine trees. This lush wetland serves as the perfect spot to relish a picnic filled with local delicacies. Here, you’ll also have the option to go for a swim beneath the cascading waterfall. After a possible invigorating swim, you’ll begin your downhill ride back to the starting point. Here, we’ll part ways, leaving each other with unforgettable memories of our journey.
Terrain: Mixed mainly on flat terrain with a few short climbs
Distance: 15 – 25 km
Total Elevation: 50m – 100m Duration: 4 hours
Skill level: Intermediate
Route distance and total elevation details are adjusted on group’s skills and abilities.
– A minimum number of 4 participants is required for this activity to take place.
– Some Previous experience is required.
– Knowing how to ride a bike efficiently in gravel and smooth dirt roadis required for this activity.
– Good physical and mental condition
– Parental accompaniment is required for minors to take part in this activity.
– A written waiver form is compulsory to be filled in before taking part in this activity.
– HaiBike hard tail e-Bikes
– High Quality Gear: Helmet, Bike bags
– Professional Cycling leader, First aid certified
– Eco friendly, cultural and educational guiding
– Picnic with freshly baked bread, handpicked vegetables, homemade olive oil, local cheese and fruits
– Photographs from the trip
– Liability insurance
– All taxes
– Water (please bring your own full bottle of water)
– Transfer to meeting point
– Tip or gratuity
Upgrades and discounts:
Private trips available.
Discounts available for families and kids.
Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
See our terms and conditions
Know before you go
What to bring with you:
– Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
– Any specific medication you are on
– Hiking or runner shoes (avoid open shoes, sandals or flipflops)
– Comfortable clothes according to weather conditions
– Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
– Small backpack (optional)