Navarino Bay lies in front of the town of Pylos. It is a natural harbor where the island of Sphacteria stands as a wave breaker, protecting the bay from the winds of the open Ionian Sea. The bay offers ideal conditions for Sea Kayaking trips, especially for beginners. The bay itself is a place of incredible natural beauty, with an impressive landscape, warm, crystal-clear, waters, and golden sandy beaches where sea turtles often return to lay their eggs. Sea kayaking here is a must definitely do without a doubt.
Meet your guides at Divari Beach just a few kilometers away from the charming village of Gialova. Your guide will brief you on paddling techniques, safety measures, and equipment. Soon we shall hop on our kayaks for a trip around Navarino Bay like never before. Heading west we paddle towards the imposing cliffs, of Sphacteria Island a place of nesting and resting for many species of birds which we may witness. Our next stop is the dock of Sphacteria. Here, we jump out of our kayaks, stretch our legs and walk to the island’s viewpoint for
taking pictures of an idyllic landscape and for story-telling. Back to our kayaks heading north to experience the open Ionian Sea for a few minutes and also admire the fort of Paleokastro and its impressive walls and bastions guarding the north entrance of the bay. A few minutes later we shall make a stop at a secluded beach for swimming and resting. Here we shall also taste our homemade picnic of local delicacies and relax under the sun. After this energy-pumped stop, we will paddle back to the starting point to end an amazing day in
the tranquility of Navarino Bay.
– Super stable and easy to paddle single or tandem Kayaks with rudder
– Full Sea Kayak equipment: paddle, life jacket, spray-deck, waterproof jacket, waterproof bags
– Land and water-based Sea Kayaking paddling instructions
– British Canoeing (BC) Sea Kayak leaders also holding first aid certificate.
– Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
– Picnic with freshly baked bread fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
– All taxes
– Water (please bring your own full bottle of water)
– Transfer to meeting point
– Tip or gratuity
There is a minimum of 2 participants for the implementation of this outdoor activity.
We reserve the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or any other reason beyond our control.
Private trips available.
Discounts available for families and kids.
Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
Know before you go
What to bring with you:
– Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
– Any specific medication you are on
– Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
– Swimwear or shorts
– Change of dry clothes
– Sea shoes or flip flops or sandals (Avoid bulky shoes, trainers and socks