Navarino Bay near Pylos is a natural harbor where the island of Sphacteria stands as a natural barrier against the open Ionian Sea. An area integrated to the environmental program Natura 2000 and the largest wetland in southern Greece offering shelter to endemic and migrating birds. Apart from its ecological significance, the area never ceases to amaze with its incredible beauty, attracting people from all over the world.
Our hike starts from Divari Beach near Gialova. We follow the path around the lagoon where we get the opportunity to witness a unique and sensitive ecosystem. Here, migratory birds such as herons, flamingos, and ospreys live which may have the opportunity to observe. We cross the dunes until we reach the famous omega-shaped beach of Voidokoilia. A refreshing swim into its turquoise waters is an option. On the way to Paleokastro fort we stop to explore the cave of the mythical king Nestor. At the top of the hill, we explore the medieval castle and learn about the intense history of the region. Here, the beauty and uniqueness of the landscape reveals breathtaking vistas hard to believe it’s true. After tasting a healthy picnic, we descend the way back.
– A minimum number of 4 participants is required for this activity to take place.
– No previous experience is required
– Good physical and mental condition
– Parental accompaniment is required for minors to take part in this activity.
– A written waiver form is compulsory to be filled in before taking part in this activity.
– Local mountain guide
– Tour planning
– Picnic with local products
– Photographs from the tour
– Liability insurance
– All taxes
– Transfer to meeting point
– Tip or gratuity
Upgrades and discounts:
Private trips available.
Discounts available for families and kids.
Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
We reserve the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or any other reason beyond our control. See our terms and conditions
Know before you go
What to bring with you:
– Bottle of water
– Sun screen
– Hiking shoes or trainers (Open shoes, sandals or flip-flops are unsuitable)
– Hiking backpack (if available)